Mylee has been in rare form today. I think daddy is going to need to buy her a computer soon. As I sit here and type this journal entry she is wanting to help me type. Attached is a video I took of her today. She was talking up a storm! She never talks this much, it was great!! I am so glad that I was able to capture it on film...Miss Nicole, check it out!!
Mylee telling a story... 5/29/08
My little peanut took a really long nap again, I think this is a sign she is officially turning into a toddler. No more morning and afternoon naps for this little one...She is only taking 1 really long nap (great for me, I can nap too)!
Mylee's benefit to bring Chiari Awareness to our local community is really starting to come together...We have recorded a radio commercial, our friends and family are helping contribute to the event, and our wonderful friend Shawna is doing an outstanding job getting donations and other goods from business all over the country. Please see the information regarding "Miracle Race for Mylee Grace" on Mylee's website. Feel free to send to anyone you can think of that might have an interest to donate to this wonderful cause!
We have recorded a commercial for the fundraiser on a local radio station. Here is some information regarding the radio station: Broadcasting live every Monday night from 7 to 9 PM on Independent 1310 KXAM and KXAM.com, you can find the Racing Roundup-Arizona Crew at their home, Max's, Arizona's Legendary Sports Bar located at 6747 North 47th Avenue in Glendale, AZ. We also went live on the radio last week to talk about Chiari and Mylee's fundraiser. I am also putting together a poster size 'faces of Chiari'. I want to display the faces of Chiari and show people how many innocent children and adults this effects. We are really excited about the event. Let me know if you have any questions.
Barnett Harley Davidson is donating items (unsure of items, large box will be mailed 10 days prior to event
Phoenix International Raceway donating these items:
- (1) certificate for two reserved grandstand seats to the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Race on Friday November 7, 2008
- (1) Certificate for two reserved grandstand seats to the NASCAR Nationwide Race on Saturday November 8, 2008
- (2) April 2006 Subway Fresh Fit 500 race posters autographed by Joe Nemecheck
- (1) #43 Bobby LaBonte autographed souvenir card
- (1) Official NASCAR preview & press guide autographed by Kasey Kahne & J.J. Yeley
- (1) Phoenix International Raceway engraved 4 piece travel mug set including case
- (1) Phoenix International Raceway backpack
- (1) Phoenix International Raceway tote bag
- Max's Sportsbar: 2 $25.00 gift cards
- Olive Garden: $25.00 gift card
- Red Lobster: $25.00 gift card
- Walmart: $25.00 gift card
- Target: $25.00 gift card
- Elite Tattoo: 2 $100.00 gift certificates
- 'Playing God' band logo souvenir's - This very popular local band will playing a free concert after the races!
- Salon: $40.00 gift card
We also have T-shirts being made for the fundraiser, all proceeds will go towards the amount we donate to each charity.
I will be off the computer for a few days, this will be my last post for about a week. I will try to post a new journal entry soon!