Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I love the choice I made to become a mother! I wouldn't change this title of MOTHER for anything in the world. Mylee Grace has taught me so much in life and has made me the mother that I am today. She continues to inspire and amaze me every moment that I have with her. Please cherish every moment you have with your children. Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommy's out there!!

We had Mylee at Children's Hospital yesterday morning (I was so fearful I was going to spend another Mother's Day in patient with Mylee). Fortunately, my prayers were answered and the doctors were able to get Mylee's feeding tube re-inserted. Sometime during the early morning Mylee's feeding tube fell out.

We have an appointment with Mylee's Physiatrist tomorrow at St. Joseph's Hospital. We believe Mylee will need leg braces. I will probably question them about getting Mylee a Gait trainer too. We think this might help Mylee with walking. She is still very off balanced and falls constantly. Please pray for Mylee as she needs all the prayers we can possibly get for her. Her poor face and head are all bruised from her falling! Please pray my baby will walk soon!

I leave you with this peom, unknown author:

A Mother's love determines how
We love ourselves and others.
There is no sky we'll ever see
Not lit by that first love.

Stripped of love, the universe
Would drive us mad with pain;
But we are born into a world
That greets our cries with joy.

How much I owe you for the kiss
That told me who I was!
The greatest gift-a love of life-
Lay laughing in your eyes.

Because of you my world still has
The soft grace of your smile;
And every wind of fortune bears
The scent of your caress.

xoxo

No comments: