Friday, May 23, 2008

Our Saving Grace

Despite it all...she continues to GRACE us with her amazing attitude, her contagious smiles, and her loving spirit! Mylee is still having a rough time today, I have only been able to give her about half of her normal dose of formula during each bolus feeding today. She is retching horribly today and was actually able to vomit a small bit of stomach fluid. I took her temperature and she is running a slight fever. My fear now is that she has aspirated some fluids, we shall see in a few days if she starts to sound junky. Please keep your fingers crossed that she does not get pnuemonia again!

My brave soldier has battled so much, but she perseveres and continues to fight as if this is just any ordinary day! It is that attitude, those smiles, and most all of her loving spirit that keeps us on the right path! Yesterday I was feeling pretty blue, but my baby girl is always able to make feel better. She has shown me so much in the past 21 months that everytime I look into her pretty blue eyes it reminds me of how much of a warrior she has become and I am able to turn those yucky blues into the hues of all colors of a rainbow!
For You
Author Unknown

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue
If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone
If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.
I Cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be what I know best
A friend that's always there.
xoxo

No comments: